Latin Club Sponsor
1. What made you interested in studying the classics? "My high school Latin teacher, Bill Schott, was an inspirational teacher. He made the discipline interesting and fun".
2. How long have you been teaching Latin? "I have been teaching Latin for six years now".
3. What made you decide to go to college to get the degree in teaching Latin? "I always knew that I wanted to be a teacher, but I didn't always know what I wanted to teach. It wasn't until I took Latin when I was a senior in high school that I knew that I wanted to teach Latin. I immediately fell in love with the discipline; the complexity of the grammar, the history, the mythology, etc. were all so appealing to me".
4. What is your favorite Roman myth? "My favorite Greek/Roman myth is the Trojan War or any sub story involving the Trojan War".
5. When did you start enjoying the classics? "I really started enjoying the Classics when I was in college. It was then that I realized how broad the discipline is with its involvement in the Humanities".
6. Did you take Latin in high school? "Yes, I took Latin in high school, but not until I was a senior.
7. What is your favorite memory from anything associated with Latin? Whether it may be a trip, a lesson, something you taught, something you were taught, etc. "My favorite memories of anything associated with Latin is spending time in Rome with my students. This is the moment when the teaching becomes truly authentic".
8. Favorite Latin word & translation of word. "Pudor- A psychological mechanism which ensures that one with not will not expose themselves to a potentially demeaning social standing".
Latin Club Sponsor
1. What made you interested in studying the classics? "I began taking Latin as a freshman in high school. I had the choice between French and Latin, so I figured why not Latin".
2. How long have you been teaching Latin? "This is my second year teaching Latin".
3. What made you decide to go to college to get the degree in teaching Latin? "I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in elementary school. I have ten younger siblings, so I would play school with them during the summers. When I began taking Latin in high school, I enjoyed it greatly. By my senior year of high school, I decided that I wanted to teach Latin. I was even given the opportunity to teach lessons to a Latin II class as a high school senior, which solidified my decision".